YOU CAN HAVE a rippling six-pack and a full head of hair and still make a crappy first impression. Why? You might not care about your style, but she sure as hell does.
And some fashion blunders are surprisingly common: cartoon tees, ultra-tight pants, and cargo, uh, anything seem to really catch women’s eyes (in a bad way). Are you guilty? Keep reading.
1. “Don’t be sloppy. Tuck in your shirt and wear real shoes. Flip flops are only acceptable when you’re on the beach.” – Tara M.
2. “Not into anything overly preppy-looking. Please, for the love of all things hot, just wear a crisp white button down.” – Olivia M.
3. “When shirts and/or pants are too tight. Or, if he looks like he’s wearing something his mom bought him 4 years ago.” – Anna K.
4. “Tight pants. Wearing shirts with name brands across the front. Clothes that are too tight or too big.” – Julianne F.
5. “Socks with sandals.” – Anne F.
6. “Cargo shorts.” – Laura M.
7. “Socks with sandals.” – Erica J.
8. “Weird hats.” – Brooke D.
9. “Too-tight pants. Buddy, people are staring at your crotch for all the wrong reasons.” – Tamara S.
10. “I HATE cargo shorts and cargo pants. Unless you’re in the military, there’s no need for that.” – Gabriella L.
11. “When men look like slobs. Jeans and a crappy t-shirt don’t cut it.” – Carrie W.
12. “When a man doesn’t wash his clothes, wears something too small or fitted, and doesn’t get something appropriately hemmed and use staples instead.” – Danielle M.
13. “When guys wear their pants too low (like below their butt) and they look like they can only hold them up by waddling.” – Katrina K.
14. “Too much gel in their hair, socks and sandals, gold chains.” – Katie S.
15. “When they wear things that don’t match or are noticeably dirty.” – Melissa T.
16. “Black denim should never have been created. Chains are also a hard pass.” – Julia N.
17. “When a guy wears pants that are too short.” – Anne K.
18. “When men dress like middle schoolers. Take off the cartoon shirts and cargo pants, please.” – Julie F.
19. “Camo is never okay—unless it’s your uniform.” – Heather W.
20. “Unless it’s neutrals, please don’t wear the same color head to toe. No all-red outfits, please.” – Leslie H.
By Brittany Smith