GRILLED TUNA MELT SERVINGS: 1
PREP TIME: 5 min. | COOK TIME: 1 min.
- 1 whole-grain sandwich thin
- 1 cup baby spinach or argugula
- 2 thick tomato slices
- 1 (5oz) can white tuna, drained
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese / hot sauce
1. Preheat oven grill with rack about 4 inches from the overhead heat. Place sandwich thin halves on a baking sheet. Grill until golden brown and crispy, about 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the bread.
2. Top halves with spinach or arugula, tomato, tuna, avocado, lemon juice, and cheese. Grill until cheese is melted, about 30 seconds.
3. Top with hot sauce to taste.
BY MATTHEW G. KADEY, MS, RD