New Discovery is highly desirable with unrivalled capability and technology like no other. It has been designed from the outset to enable Land Rover customers to live the lifestyle they aspire to. The result is the best family SUV in the world.
- The New Land Rover Discovery is a full-sized, three-row, seven-seat SUV with unbeatable capability and versatility
- It embodies Land Rover’s drive to go Above and Beyond, combining British desirability with an unstoppable spirit of adventure
- New Land Rover Discovery on sale in South Africa from mid-2017
The Seven Wonders of Discovery:
Seven principles describe the essence of Discovery and have guided its creation:
1. The Magnificent Seven: every seat is the best seat in the house
- Flexible interior provides seven full-sized adult seats, instantly configurable from your smartphone using the world-first remote Intelligent Seat Fold technology.
2. A much loved member of the family: keeping you safe for the last 26 years
- Semi-autonomous safety technology provides the family peace of mind.
- Premium interior combines leading design with durable, high-quality materials and space for the whole family.
3. King of the hill: unstoppable on all surfaces, all terrains and in all weathers
- Land Rover’s full-sized SUV architecture delivers world-beating all-terrain capability.
- Lightweight aluminium construction saves 480kg, delivering enhanced efficiency
- Towing king: best-in-class 3,500kg towing capacity and semi-autonomous Advanced Tow Assist take the stress out of difficult reversing manoeuvres.
4. British creativity: designed with charm and sophistication loved by the world
- Design retains key Discovery family cues, adding optimised proportions and sophisticated surfaces.
5. Storage addiction: discover the space for everything
- Up to 2,500-litres of luggage space and clever storage for 21st century family essentials.
6. Connects every generation: Ingenious features that make life easier
- Digital Discovery equipped with up to nine USB ports, six 12-volt charging points and an in-car 3G WiFi hotspot for up to eight devices.
7. After the roads end: reaching threatened habitats and vulnerable people
- New Discovery will continue Land Rover’s work in humanitarian aid and conservation projects around the world.
Pretoria, 29 September 2016 – The New Discovery embodies Land Rover’s drive to go Above and Beyond, combining British desirability with an unstoppable spirit of adventure. It’s an authentic, three-row, seven-seat SUV with unbeatable capability and versatility.
Everyday ingenuity has been at the heart of the Discovery for the last 27 years. New Discovery signals the transformation from cogs to code with more than 1.2 million customers with us on every step of the journey.
The fifth-generation model benefits from Land Rover’s strong, safe and light full-size SUV architecture, delivering comfort and adaptability like no other.
The New Discovery is for the digital age. Ingenious technology keeps your family safe, connected and confident on all surfaces, all terrains and in all weathers to ensure your destination is reached.